So…..on July 4, Lois posted a video to the farm’s Facebook page of Pepper the baby goat and Ivy, a friend’s new Corgi puppy.
We all watched in disbelief as it went “viral”!! Click here for the Wikipedia page about what constitutes a viral video.
At this time, it has “reached” over 180,000 people!! It’s been shared over 1200 times!! Thank you to all who participated in this madness. It seems to have spread some much-needed joy around the interwebs. Keep it up!
If you think that’s awesome, check out the one Jill got of my Grandspawn and Pepper. Funny stuff. Here’s a link to the FB videos page for CCC.
Best option of all…come visit!!
- Make your own amazing memories and take your own photos and videos of the shenanigans down on the farm.
- Kiss a llama.
- Keep the goat from eating the hydrangea.
- Tell Lois you googled “Queen of Poo” and saw her picture.
- Pack a picnic or grab Subway and meet a friend under the lean-to for lunch.
- Snuggle Gladys, the Wonder Chicken or a baby bunny.
- Remind Laura she will always be Employee of the Month.
- Shop in the Farm Store–upcycled items, antiques, art, jewelry and more goodies to remember your visit by.
You don’t have to have kids to visit. Just get your butt here before you waste the whole summer. Day Pass admission is only $6, and a Season Pass ($25) is a great value.The farm is open to the public three days a week (Thursday, Friday, Saturday in the summer), but can also be rented for field trips, birthday parties, reunions, weddings, proms, etc.
A season pass is also a great way to help support the farm. That $25 can buy a bag of pig chow or llama lunch for this winter. Remember the motto at the Dollar Barn? “We don’t do this to make money; we do this to make friends”? Our new motto is, “We don’t do this to make money; we make money so we can do this.”
What exactly is “this”? Glad you asked.
Our mission is to help society reconnect with each other, animals and the land itself.
Our greater vision is for every person to have something of nature to connect with – be it animal, plant or even the stars. I want to save our country and our world. I want every person to do better. Consume less, discard less, purchase more wisely, grow something.
Now, LET’S UNPLUG AND GO OUTSIDE!!!!